Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, September 22, 2005

A Very Nice Day

A very - very nice day spent with my sis. She took me to the doctor for once it didn't take very long. Then....

....off we went to find the yarn store. We were looking sharply because sis said it is probly just a hole in the wall - we saw the sign we pulled in and right in front of us was - a hole in the wall - they were taking apart a store thank goodness it wasn't the yarn store that was next door.

When you go in you smell yarn and coffee. Yarn - wall to wall - all sorts all kinds. Sis said it was better then a candy store. We had to watch it we wanted it all. We saw samples of felted items like bags and potholders, mostly knitted things but some crochet.

I bought two hanks of yarn and we used a swifter and ball roller to make them into balls that pull from the inside. I did one and Sis did one - it was fun. We are going to look around for them - maybe a little cheaper then the store - then we can share.

The hanks I bought and the larger hook if for my felted bag, yep - same one - I don't care if it takes me six more months - I took what I had done apart last night and started again with the larger hook. I will get it - meanwhile I have several other projects in the works.

We stopped at Wal Mart to try and find that sparkly Xmas yarn - of course they didn't have any - did find some plastic rings and the movie 'The Longest Yard' - I have been waiting for it to come out on DVD.

The next stop was a quick one at Jo Ann's for the sparkly yarn. Sis got her some too to make a small Xmas skirt for her small tree - which gives me an idea I also just put up a small table top tree - hum a skirt for it.

We had lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant then it was time to call it a day.

We really have fun together - yarn and hooks and Chinese food what more could you ask for.

2 Comments:

At Thu Sep 22, 10:09:00 AM 2005, Blogger General Ginger said...

Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time!

 
At Thu Sep 22, 03:07:00 PM 2005, Blogger SuzieG said...

Hey Sis! I had lots o' fun too!
I found lots of "Swifts" and "ball winders" on Ebay. The ones like we saw were priced just as much as the ones sold at the yard store (but ebayers charge shipping), I did however find an odd looking simpler "swift", I'll post the pics on my 'trouble with trebles' blog. Oh by the way, I felted my first felt bead last night! I'll post those pictures too.
Lets set another trip early next month (save your quarters!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home