Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Yard Sale Fun

Sis's hubby was golfing - my room mate at work (so I didn't have to stay home and clean) so off we went to find some yard sales. Sis says she usually makes a map but Saturday we took pot luck and turned up with a few trash to treasures.

Missed out on a trip to Wal Mart because I found a light cover to fit my room mate's bathroom - oh well next time. Found a few bags of little toys - have to go through them yet - for the kids to play with when they come over. Was looking for a basket to put them in but I have a box I think will be just the right size. No yarn this time. Did find a brand new box of men's handkerchiefs with the right initial for my room mate - that is going to be for Xmas.

Bought a stuffed bear for Moocher who was scared of it. I will have to get him to play with it or the grandkids will play with it.

This time change is going to be hard to get used to. I lay in bed till I coundn't stand it any more and guess what it is 4:30 with the clock changed already - which is usually when I wake up unless it is one of those sleepless nights.

My daughter lives in Macon, Ga. and was part of starting the Macon Dog Park. They had a fund raiser Saturday and my daughter's name got in the paper again. Either it is something connected with her job - assitant librarian at Macon State - or for a deed she has done she has her name in the Macon Ledger pretty often.

Back to the yard sale for a moment - found some coasters I bargained down to fifty cents. Now maybe I won't be damaging my computer desk with my glasses of ice - use paper towels but they just soak thru.

The road in front of our place is so nice now with the shell on it. It didn't need to be rolled with just people driving over it it has packed down nicely.

Almost halfway finished with the blue afghan now. Haven't had time to look at all of my Crocheting School book yet but it will be used over and over I am sure. Sis saw one at her Jo Ann's and got to looking at it and decided she wanted one too. Thank goodness for these 40% and 50% off coupons they are great to buy things like books. Matter of fact I have one now that Jo Ann's sent me that I have to print out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home