Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Birthday Party

We arrived at just the right time. Once grandpa was there they let her have her presents. The child received a pile of clothes and toys. Some people had arrived while we were there. We had the cake which had a wonderful whipped cream icing on chocolate cake. My room mate usually doesn't eat sweets but he ate a big piece of cake and drank a couple of beers with it (I was driving)- he paid for it later by getting sick - told him he should eat at least a sandwich but no he felt too sick to eat.
Steph - the birthday girl's mom - called us after we had been home a few hours and said a lot more people showed up (we were glad we missed most of the kids) and they still had cake and pizza left after sending cake and pizza home with who ever would take it. I have a nice size piece of cake that I guess I am going to have to eat myself now - ah, the things we have to do.
Room mate is working Sunday so I get to go to the grocery store myself. I have enough to pay for my half of Thanksgiving dinner and my room mate gave me his half. The only problem I see is getting the bags in the house and I can set them on the porch then go up the stairs and carry one at a time in if I have to.
Tacos for dinner Sunday. They are easy to fix the way my room mate showed me - mostly just cutting up stuff and browning some hamburger. I fry the taco shells only till they bubble up then take them out while they are still soft. I found out that I like mine browned more and just pile the topping on top of it.
Think I am getting sleepy - sleep for a few hours but woke up choking. Maybe I can go back to sleep now.

1 Comments:

At Sun Nov 20, 10:45:00 PM 2005, Blogger Lubo said...

Hi. Nice reading your stories. Wish you get well soon! Keep up your spirit high, it's just a challenge that is to make you stronger.

Thank you for leaving comment on my blog! Glad that you've enjoyed it. Had a great time in your state, so many beautiful images both on my mind and in camera.. Hope the dreams to get back there materialize one day.

Wish you well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home