Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Blah Tuesday

Tuesday turned out being a blah sort of day. Nothing much going on and I couldn't get anything started. I think I miss my sis - her and her husband have gone to Kansas to her daughter's graduation - her masters - in computer sciences. Crystal has gone to school while raising her two children and talking care of her husband. She never stuck with anything when she was younger - I guess she just had to find the right thing - we are all very proud of her.

Got out Monday to pick up my medicines and go to Wal Mart - I think I will be glad when they get the new one built just down the road. Back to my trip - exchanged the toilet seat and the pair of pants for my room mate. I looked at every pair of pants on the display that was light in color and could not find the size to fit him so I had to get the darker pair - he keeps insisting that he can wear a 32 but I think he needs a 33 now - his belly hangs over his pants. That's all my good cooking hanging there and his beer.

I treated myself to two DVDs - 'The Pacifier' and 'A Man Apart' - both of them with Vin Diesel in them. He isn't a great actor and he does action better then comedy but I like him. I watched 'The Pacifier' yesterday and will watch the other movie today. I am not sure in what movie he caught my eye but if I had a son like him I would be proud. That is like Nicholas Cage - I have watched him grow up and become a very good actor handling a variety of roles. Cage has so many movies coming out right now I will have to remember to watch for them on DVD.

You may be wondering why I don't just go to the movies - well I will tell you I can't take the loud sound and the crowed in the dark with a lot of people anymore. Plus I can't stop the movie if I missed something. I would much rather watch it on my little TV screen (people tell me movies are so much better on the big screen). The only thing I miss is paying a fortune for snacks at the snack bar but I have my handy microwave and microwave popcorn - if I wanted movie candy my local Wal Greens carries most of those big boxes of candy.

It looks like we are going to get a cold snap down here for Thanksgiving. I believe the weather man said it would be in the 40s. Has winter arrived? Sometimes it is hard to tell in the south. A few cold days then it warms up - freezing one night mild the next. This Florida weather is unpredictable sometimes. We haven't had a real cold winter in some time now. I remember a cold one in the '80s when I was still in the country. I always insisted on having a gas stove - which saved us a lot of times because the electric would go out. That was Xmas eve - I had a new bunch of kittens, my dogs and cats and the neighbors pygmy goats who were new born in my house. The goats ended up in my house because he kept losing the kids and I told him to let me take the latest set that was born and take care of them for a while - I gave them milk from my dairy goat - they would have died if they had not been inside that night. To top it all off we had to go to my then husband's mother's house. I don't think there was a room in the house including bathrooms that didn't have an animal in it. We survied the night but it was cold - below freezing and they had to keep turning off our electric - what they called rolling blackouts - in the Philippines we used to call them brown outs. Everyone was glad that night that I insisted on having a gas stove - it kept us warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home