Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Doctors and Wal Mart

Tuesday was some day. My doctor's appointment wasn't until noon so I felt pretty good thought I would get my tag renewed change my physical address and stop by for a slow walk through Wal Mart.

I actually did all that and it was eleven so I thought I would go on over to the doctor's if you are early sometimes they go ahead and take you in. Now Ruskin used to be a small town - it is growing by leaps and bounds. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would get lost in Ruskin but that is exactly what happened. I spent thirty minutes trying to find the clinic then at last I saw a busy road crossing the one I was on - it was highway 41 then I knew where I was at the other end of the road from the clinic.

Made it to my appointment on time. Then I had to wait forever - they had an emergency. My doctor looked at my right foot and didn't like the swelling so she sent my to the emergency room to make sure I didn't have a blood clot - which I didn't thank goodness. It was the longest time before I got out of there.

I came home so tired that the stuff I bought at wale Mart is still in the truck. Not much some fiber fill and material to make pillows that will fit my shams for the bed. Some pipe cleaners to try and make little candy canes with.

All said and done it was a long day for me and to top it off my room mate was in a bad mood when I got home - seems his daughter had to call him to pick up the oldest at school which meant he had to pick up Mom first then go to the school then take them home - he got over it though I fixed tilipia, macaroni and cheese and garlic toast - some of his favorite things.

It is one in the morning and I can't sleep. I am suppose to have a mammogram done at 8:50 in the morning - don't think I am going to make it. I will have to make sure I reschule - the doctor got onto me for missing my appointment before but I was tied up with my knee being operated on.

Well even if I did get lost I am proud of myself for getting me out and on the road again. I just have to walk slow which lets you look at all kinds of things - I did come out of Wal Mart with one clearance blouse that was a steal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home