Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Done

The blue afghan is done. No more afghans for a while now. Later I will post a picture - right now I am trying to be quiet so my room mate can sleep.
Going to make me a second cup of coffee and study the directions for the froggie pouch. Haven't taken a pain pill yet this morning. Had to take about three of them yesterday and was surprised I was able to finish the afghan. I don't think those pain pills are working any more for me. They just take the edge off of the pain. Well it will be another trip to the doctor about my knee. Monday I am going to call and see if they can get me in earlier. It seems they should be able to do something about this swelling.

Did I say that my room mates daughter and her kids and boyfriend are coming here for Thanksgiving. I have already started trying to straighten up. I think that those butter and cottage cheese containers - that I put left overs in - are breeding in my cabinet. Cleaned a mess of them off of the counter top (to lazy to put them away) threw away a lot and my cabinet is still full - no more saving plastic containers till I have to through some away. I think the reason I don't like tossing anything like that is from years of living in the Philippines. What ever it is someone has a use for it. It was the hardest thing my mother and I had to do after coming back was learning to throw things away. She still hoards food. I can say that because she knows it is true. Mom just had a bout with skin cancer. Things turned out OK they got all the cancer but she has precancers spots on her. She has decided they have done enough poking and testing till after Xmas.

Time for that second cup of coffee.

2 Comments:

At Sun Nov 06, 09:34:00 AM 2005, Blogger Ria said...

just this evening i was talking to our maid (funny huh, we live in a third world country but we can have maids...they don't cost an arm and a leg here, like there. talk about ironic...) about the province and how her son married this 18 year old girl from a family of 12 living in the mountains on a salary of a sugar cane farmer. they barely eat twice a day and yet they have all these kids...what i'm driving at is yes, someone always has use for something that we would ordinarily throw away...sometimes it's annoying though, that those people who have nothing pin the blame on people who have it. Don't they realize having 10 kids on that kind of a salary isn't a good idea??? Not that I don't wish to help them out, but help (from anyone for that matter) can only go so far.

 
At Sun Nov 06, 09:36:00 AM 2005, Blogger Ria said...

p.s. good luck with the knee, and best wishes to your mother

 

Post a Comment

<< Home