Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Flowers?

Here is my fake garden courtesy of the church sale. I just couldn't stand to see the empty pots sitting there and I am still not up to keeping anything alive except my big plants. By the time it warms up again - now that is a true southerner, we think it is cold if it gets down to fifty at night - I can toss those and plant real flowers. I miss the days when I had a real garden and grew not only flowers but real food. I always saved a spot to buy a packet of wild flower seeds and just spread them out and waited to see what would come up. Some years it seemed that spot just bloomed with wonderful flowers. I miss the tender green beans that I could just go out and pick just before cooking.

Last summer my room mate grew some tomatoes in a large planter they were tossing at work. I tried to tell him that even though the container looked large he should only put one or not more then two plants in it and it also needed more dirt. We did get quite a few tomatoes but the plants died quicker then they would have if they had not been so crowded. Now he is listening to me since I do have more experience in gardening in pots. He hopes to plant more tomatoes next year.

2 Comments:

At Sun Nov 13, 07:12:00 PM 2005, Blogger SuzieG said...

Hey! I have a wild hair idea.... what if I planted some fake flowers in the plot outside the apartment door, do you think the little mexican landscapers would scratch their heads in wonder? LoL.

 
At Mon Nov 14, 08:26:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of love that fake garden. Now you don't have to drag the hose around the yard watering! Felicia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home