Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Hair Cuts and Getting Mad

My room mate and I went over to Fantastic Sam's (he had drank a couple of beers so guess what - I drove) we had our hair cut - why does it cost more for my hair cut then for his? Oh well I guess that is just the way it is. I don't know how much my room mate tipped the young lady for his hair cut but I tipped her pretty good for getting his hair short and doing a good job on mine.

From the hair salon to the grocery store - my room mate just doesn't understand that if you don't go ahead and buy some things like the aluminum pans and stuffing mix you may just be out of luck the week of Thanksgiving. I can manage though, I have a nice size roaster and there is always Stove Top Stuffing of some kind left. The tricky part will be getting the turkey because there is just no room in the freezer for it so we will have to get it about two days before Thanksgiving so it can thaw.

Lost my temper yesterday. I went to Wal Greens to pick up my prescriptions and was behind one lady - she got done - I should have been next - but no some lady who was having trouble with her insurance came up and the clerk started waiting on her. The clerk had to get on the phone. I was standing there for fifteen minutes and I don't even want to mention all the people behind me - even they started murmuring - well it wasn't me holding up the line. I had left my room mate in the truck with the groceries and I was tired my temper just flared up and I walked out. I will go back and pick them up today. I usually receive prompt and courteous service at Wal Greens - this clerk was someone I had never seen before.

I don't like losing my temper - I used to have a pretty good one. Touchy - taking things the wrong way but over the years I have calmed down. But service people are there to serve you and if they can't do the job then get out of service work. A few years ago I was in Winn Dixie and truthfully the lady in front of me should have said something - I watched the clerk try to check her out with the phone glued to her ear laughing and talking to someone and treating that lady like she was a bother. When I got up there I politely asked the clerk if she would finish her phone call after she had checked out my groceries. She gave me a dirty look and turned her back to me - I picked up my purse and I was going to leave but she hung up the phone just in time but then made another call to someone - I was steaming - I had come from work I was tired and had a meeting to go to so was really in a hurry. I did let her check out my groceries but went straight to the service desk and asked for the manager. After telling him what had happened he thanked me and said that if the customers didn't let management know things like that sometimes it gets over looked. I felt sorry for the poor woman in front of me who had to put up with very poor service. The manager knew me and knows a lot of my friends shop in that store and he was very upset. Any way that is why I lose my temper sometimes.

3 Comments:

At Sun Nov 13, 09:26:00 AM 2005, Blogger Susan said...

I started gathering my Thanksgiving stuff last month.

 
At Sun Nov 13, 07:11:00 PM 2005, Blogger SuzieG said...

I call that a 'righteous anger'. If no one got this kind of anger, then who knows what kind of earth we would be living on!

 
At Wed Nov 16, 09:24:00 AM 2005, Blogger Ria said...

i was out for the past few days coz of a horribly, terribly dental procedure that went seriously wrong resulting in extreme pain and agony to the point of keeping me away from my computer. i had gone in for a simple procedure (had to get a filling fixed) but the dentist hit a nerve (which i understand can happen as a part of cleaning up a cavity) but it caused a chain of unfortunate events that left me in tears and in agony. my friends say it was karma...it was karma for my "evil-ness" --- i can never hold my tongue when i'm upset, righteous or not...i tend to just blow up and blab away with minimal regard to the recipient of my flared temper. though many times it is justifiable, i guess you can never excuse bad behavior. ;-( but then...how will people change if you don't tell them off???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home