Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Friday, November 04, 2005

Philippine Cooking

Yes I did work on the blue afghan and it is coming along nicely but most of yesterday afternoon was spent making Pancit Bijon - a Philippine dish with noodles and lots of vegetables. It was the first time I had tried making it - my sister went to the trouble of writing out the recipe and emailing it to me. I had to make a few changes because of the room mate but he liked it - it is a good thing too because we are having leftovers tonight.

Here in the States we take short cuts with the cooking that works out great. For the cabbage and carrots you just buy a bag of already cut veggies for cold slaw and for the green beans - yep - frozen. About the only cutting I did was with the meat the onion and the green onions for topping. I even had garlic ready - I buy minced garlic in a jar. As much as my room mate says he doesn't like garlic when ever I cook with it he just raves about how good the food is.

For a long time I have wanted one of those garlic roasters - actually forgot I had wanted one till I saw one at a yard sale for fifty cents - haven't tried it yet but have the garlic - maybe today.

Moocher wants out again. He thinks if he goes out and comes in enough he will get an extra treat. Room mate gave him a piece of meat last night and Moocher watched him for the longest time to see if any more was forthcoming. We are spoiling him. The grandkids left their dolls here the other night and Moocher won't get near them - maybe he thinks it is the kids just being very still.

Heard from Daydreamer and was very happy. My sister is reading her blog too. My sister speaks Tagalag.

Time to get going - it is going to take some getting used to this time change - it feels so late already. Want to call my mother but have to wait until at least eight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home