Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Recovery

Took me most of Friday to recover from Thanksgiving. It went well except the four year old was sick and slept most of the time.

Made a mad dash to Winn Dixie to buy a couple of pies - for the kids - who didn't eat any - I am slowly working on them though. The road was empty and I thought this is nice I am the only one out - I discovered where every one was when I arrived at the store - they were grocery shopping. Had to park way out from the store and I don't walk fast so it took me a while - when I got home my room mate said he was just getting ready to go look for me.

Turkey turned out nice. Stuffing on the side, candied yams, assorted vegetables and rolls made plenty for all of us - four adults and three children.

The last time the girls were here they left some baby dolls. The three year old got her's and was playing with it and when they were ready to go I asked her if she wanted to take her babies with her - she said she wanted to leave them with me for me to take care of - it was just too cute and they left the dolls with me to 'take care of'.

My poor room mate had to work Friday and Saturday - I really felt sorry for him and didn't tell him I had spent most of Friday napping and nibbling. He took a turkey sandwich with him to work so I knew he would not be able to face turkey or a big meal again so I suggested grilled cheese sandwich and soup and he said that was just what he was thinking of coming home. So we are getting back into a routine after the misunderstanding we had.

My mother and one sister and her husband went to a friend's from church. Talking to her later she said she thoroughly enjoyed it. My other sis was in Georgia and my brother went to his girlfriends so everyone had their own type of Thanksgiving. My family doesn't get together any more since my dad died - he was a cook and cooked all the holiday meals and it just doesn't seem right without him there.

Now comes the Xmas season. I could not believe what I was hearing on the news Friday about how people were acting at stores - I did the day after Thanksgiving shopping one time years ago and swore I would never do it again - the same with the after Xmas shopping. Now if you aren't in line the night before you don't get anything - not me, I would rather pay a little more and the 'must have' Xmas gifts - well they just have to wait till later in the year.

Hope everyone out there had a Happy Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

At Sat Nov 26, 10:00:00 PM 2005, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Glad everything is back in the groove at your house! I agree 100% about the shopping! I would not get in that crowd if they were giving stuff away. I have found that shopping online is the way to go, no crowds, it is delivered to your door, usually with free shipping this time of year. Just another reason to sit in this computer chair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home