Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Sewing

Haven't taken out the sewing machine for ages - now that I have gotten started it feels nice. Thinking of all kinds of things I may be able to make with the cloth I have already. Making a new cover for my computer chair - poor thing has had a couple of towels draped on it for a year. Have more fiber fill left so I think I will whip up a pillow for the seat.

I need to go through my material and see what I have since I haven't sewn in so long some of it may have gone bad. Then there is also the quilt. Ever since my room mate mentioned making him one (he has an electric blanket) and I saw the Patchwork blog my old quilt has been on the back of my mind. It really needs a new cover though it isn't torn it is faded. This is going to have to stay in the back of my mind until after Xmas.

The pipe cleaners worked out beautifully for the little candy canes - I know this has been around for a while but it is the first time I have tried it. Going to try another picture hope it doesn't come out fuzzy.

1 Comments:

At Thu Nov 10, 10:47:00 AM 2005, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Great candycanes! When seeing your crocheted stocking I was reminded that I have a pattern similar, maybe a little bigger, have used it for tree ornaments or package decorations. I also have a large crocheted christmas stocking pattern, my kids loved theirs when growing up, as the more was put into it, the more it stretched! Now all the grandkids have one, also.

Thanks for all your comments on my blog! We lived in Florida for a while and I thought this will be great, no cold weather, etc. But then when there was no changing of the seasons, it was a bummer. Gotta take the good with the bad, I guess!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home