Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Friday, November 11, 2005

Yard Sales

Sis and I managed to find not only a couple yard sales but a church sale - it was hard tearing ourselves away from that one.
Found me some fake flowers to put in my pots till I can grow something again.
Years ago I had a Reader's Digest book 'Complete Guide To Needlework' it was a handy book to have around for the basics - found one at the church sale - looks brand new for one dollar.
All in all we had a good day. Now it is time to rest. Swelling has gone down so much in my foot that I was able to find a pair of shoes in my closet that I could get on now my feet are screaming 'Where are those sandals we have been wearing?'
Found one treasure a little bench that I thought I might be able to use for a foot rest (it is too tall) but when I was putting it in the car I turned it upside down and saw the metal plate on it. It is a Cushman custom piece and I paid $2.00 for it. All it needs is a little cleaning and it is set to go.
Sis and I may try a few more yard sales tomorrow - we may see if the church sale is still going on.

1 Comments:

At Sat Nov 12, 10:59:00 AM 2005, Blogger SuzieG said...

Oh please don't clean it! Just dust it off a bit, but no polish or cleaners. It will diminish the value. Collectors like the worn and weathered look of natural patina's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home