Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Accident

My room mate fell off a scaffolding at work Tuesday and shattered his pelvis and bruised his ribs and hurt his arm bad.
He was in Sarasota at the time so was taken to Sarasota Memorial Hospital. By Wednesday they sent him home - he got home ten at night by transport. The hospital had filled him with morphine and brought him on a strecher. It wouldn't fit in the hallway to get him to the bedroom so he had to be put on the couch in the living room. The hospital told us we would get help to care for him but only a nurse showed up to do a lot of paper work.
After two days on the couch and repeatedly trying to get up the pain got so bad he was screaming. I called 911 and explained what was going on - he was stuck half on the couch and half off and couldn't move. I can't do much lifting and couldn't help him. I had them take him to Brandon Hospital which is closer to us and a good hospital - I have been in there several times myself. Brandon Hospital was amazed that Sarasota had sent him home the next day that he had been hurt.
Well it is after midnight now and I need to get some rest so I can go back to the hospital and find out what is going on - what they plan on doing for him.
Workers Comp said we would have all this help but the only person to show up was a nurse that did a lot of paper work and took his blood pressure.
My Xmas has been put on hold. My daughter was suppose to come visit - I think I will tell her to come on down - haven't seen her in two years and really miss her - even a couple of days would be nice. She is going to be in her second race in Madison, Ga. Then her and her hubby are going to ride their tandem bike around and see the sights. They live in Macon where my daughter is the assitant librarian for Macon State college. Get the idea I am sort of really proud of her.
Time for me to get some rest. As soon as I find out anything about my room mate in the morning I have to let his family know. Maybe it is time for my room mate to consider an early retirement - now with this injury he may not be able to work the type of jobs he does.
Keep us in your thoughts - I believe the more people who have positive thoughts aimed at you the better.

1 Comments:

At Sat Dec 10, 07:34:00 AM 2005, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

I am so sorry about your roommate's injury. I hope that now he is in a good hospital he can recover quickly. My thoughts are with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home