Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Room mate and Xmas

My room mate is home from the hospital. Worker's Comp brought in a hospital bed and walker and a commode which my room mate says he is not going to use because he can get to the bath room. Which is OK I am using it as a chair - seems to be the right height that my knees don't hurt when I get up.
The doctors have changed so much in the last few days that I don't know who his doctor is - he took the phone call while I was at Wal Greens trying to get his medicine. I will get it sorted out Monday. He broke his pelvis in several places, cracked his hip and tore the rotor cup in his right arm.
Brandon Regional Hospital was so good to him - he stayed in there a week. Gave him time to heal up some. I have to give him a shot every day to thin his blood so he won't get blood clots. I told him I used to give my animals shots all the time - no problem but he didn't like that comment.

I think that all the shopping we are going to do for Xmas is done. There were just a few things to get for son-in-laws and one grandkid and two daughters.
One daughter we just bought a gift card for because we couldn't decide what she would like. The younger daughter who was shopping with me we bought maternity clothes for and went ahead and gave them to her as her Xmas present. She is five months now but she is such a tiny thing there is just a little bump on her tummy - she can't close any of her pants though.

No tree this year - no place to put it with the hospital bed and stuff in the livingroom. I did buy a poinsettia though and will find a place to put it.

Almost forgot my birthday this year - that would have been nice to skip one - but my sister reminded me and my Mom sent me a beautiful card and my daughter sent me a funny card - wish my scanner was here the card is a guy sitting on the toilet and all these people are looking out from the shower curtain saying Surprise.

Xmas is getting near. Time to wrap the presents - as soon as I buy more tape - always forget something.

1 Comments:

At Tue Dec 20, 07:33:00 AM 2005, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

I am glad he is home, hopefully he will recover quickly. Happy Birthday! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home