Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, January 23, 2006

Amber and her Mother Posted by Picasa


This is my room mate's daughter Dawn and his grand daughter Amber. I was so pleased when Amber asked if she could call me grandma. His grandchildren are the closet thing I will ever have to grandchildren. And now I know why grandchildren are so popular - you can send them home with ma or pa sooner or later.

At last I went for my follow up mammogram this morning - now I wait, at least a week before they decide if something more needs to be done. I was feeling a little down when I got back but read Patchwork Reflections and her post made me feel better though it made me want to shed a tear - maybe it is time for a nice hard cry - someone once told me that tears washed the windows of the soul.

Doctor for my knees again tommrrow - I can't wait, can't hardly walk. Hope he comes up with something.

3 Comments:

At Mon Jan 23, 09:39:00 PM 2006, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Hope your mammogram went well. I agree with the grandchildren philosophy, they are great fun and then send them home! Thanks for your kind words on my blog. Again, hoping for good news for you.

 
At Tue Jan 24, 11:11:00 AM 2006, Blogger Ria said...

as cliche as it may be, they always say that to see a rainbow, one must go through a storm. i have always beleived that tears are life's storms. the clouds that finally burst and release all the sucked in pain, saddness, and yes, even gladness of life. in many ways it's like admitting you can't hold it all in, much as we desperately try to. after that great cry...the rainbow appears. you know what else is so great about it? it's that after every storm, the rainbow seems bigger and brighter than ever. hope you see your rainbow soon.

 
At Thu Jan 26, 05:59:00 PM 2006, Blogger davidmc said...

Thank you for the lovely comments on my photo blog. I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling too good, and I hope all went well at the hospital.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home