Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Last dog

Was reading another blog where dogs were mentioned and it made me recall the last dog I had. It came from a litter of pups that a dog my mother insisted I take.
It was the runt of the litter and I do believe the neighbor dog had something to do with it. I had homes for the rest of the litter but this one I wanted a special home for - no children since it was shy - maybe an older couple. I started calling it precious and two years later decided that it had found a home - with me.
She thought she was a person. When you talked to her she would move her mouth like she was trying to talk back.
When she was little I had to go to the bathroom in a hurry and she followed me in there and started to use the bathroom also! She just thought well that was where she was suppose to go. It wasn't hard to get her to go outside - she was a smart dog.
We went to the store one day and when we returned she was outside - I had left the window behind the couch open and she knocked the screen out. I was afraid she had hurt herself falling out the window but it wasn't a long fall and there was a bush there to cushion it. After the window incident when ever she wanted to go out instead of going to the door she would climb on the back of the couch and try to go through the window. I finally had to move the couch so she would start going to the door again.

When I had to leave and go to an abuse shelter I had to leave her behind - it broke my heart. My ex said that he found her a good home with an older couple - I hope so - I really loved that little dog.

2 Comments:

At Sat Jan 28, 09:40:00 AM 2006, Blogger Ria said...

i used to say i hated dogs...it wasn't till i had my bubba that i realized they're not bad at all. you know what i figured? it's that the reason why i hated dogs wasbecause i couldn't face the idea of losing him in the end...these past few days were so rough for me, and im glad i had him to hold on to...

 
At Fri Feb 03, 08:21:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about adopting a Sock Dog?

http://homepage.mac.com/galemeyer/PhotoAlbum23.html

http://naiveknitting.typepad.com/naive_knitting_blog/2005/04/more_sock_dogs_.html

Here are the instructions:

http://naiveknitting.typepad.com/naive_knitting_blog/2005/04/sock_dog_how_to.html

Enjoy! Felicia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home