Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Friday, February 10, 2006

Misery

Here is my room mate with his arm in the stabilizer. He has to turn sideways to get down the hall and into the bathroom
He is the one who suggested I take some pictures. I just don't know if he meant for me to put them on my blog.
Poor thing he can only use one hand now and I am having to do little things for him. He needed help getting his jeans buttoned this morning and it was all I could do to get them fastened. At least the shoe string tieing went better.
His brother has taken him to the doctor to have the pain pump removed.
It took me all day yesterday and who knows how many people I talked to about having one of his pain medications filled. Late last night the insurance company called me and said they had OKed it but when I called the drugstore this morning they had not heard from the insurance - so on the phone again to the insurance company and at last there were some results - the drugstore filled the prescription and now he has some pain medication for when he gets home.
I had a shocker when I picked up my medications - one of them is not covered by my Medicare Part D and it cost me $84 - you can bet I was on line filling out forms to get help with my medication from Social Security and from the company that makes that medicine. The government gave me a little more money and then made sure I had to spend more. It just gets to me when I am not prepared for things. Hopefully it will all work out - I will just have to keep plugging along and bothering people till I get some help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home