Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Poncho Found

Poncho Posted by Picasa


After all the crocheting going on at Xmas I lost track of my poncho yarn that my dear sister bought me. I have been looking and looking and was beginning to think I would never find it but I did at the bottom of a bag in a bag that I thought was bits and pieces. Had to buy an N-13 hook - too late my sis said she had plenty but the wrapper is gone with the trash. Can't wait to start on it. Also found my yarn for my felted bag that got put aside at Xmas - poncho then felted bag and in between some stuff for next Xmas. I want to get some done early so I won't be in such a rush.

It looks like my room mate is going to have his arm operated on next week. He has been driving a little with one arm - don't really like the idea but it is his decision - he won't be able to move that arm for quite some time so no more driving for him. We were very pleased that the nurse who sets up the surgeries called at 7:30 at night - she must have been putting in some over time - to let us know that he has to have blood work, etc. Friday and then they will operate the following Wednesday. My room mate's brother is going to take him up to town for the tests. I hope he is around to take him for the surgery - I can't drive in the middle of Tampa. My driving is done around were we live and even that is getting harder with all the development going on and more and more people moving into the area. I never thought I would see our main street through town backed up with the traffic it has now. I try to plan my trips when the traffic isn't too heavy.

I have decided that I am not going to let the doctor operate on my right knee. It seems to be feeling better. My left knee hurts worse now so I am scared to let him operate and be worse off. I am sure if things change that he would operate later on.

The nicest thing happened yesterday - Steph, my room mate's daughter, brought me the ten dollars she had borrowed from me some time last year. She had received her IRS check. When I loan people money I really don't expect to get it back. Now if her sister would bring some of the money by that I have given her that would be icing on the cake.

1 Comments:

At Fri Feb 03, 08:17:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that color of yarn for your poncho. I think its going to turn out very pretty. :) Felicia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home