Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Time

Here is one of the last pictures of my grandmother and me. I wish I had put the date on it because I don't remember when it was taken - just know it was at least four years ago or maybe five. She was a go getter right up till she couldn't get around anymore. My aunt's suicide about a year before grandmother passed away seemed to take all the spirit out of her. My aunt was the one she got along with best besides me. My grandmother and I could talk about things she couldn't discuss with her children because it upset them too much. It really broke my heart when I had to leave and was no longer there to help take care of her. It was easy to get along with her - you just did things the way she wanted - no big deal.

Time just seems to slip away. For the first time I am going to go to the cemetery with my sister, mother and brother for what would have been my sister's daughter's 30th birthday. It is hard to imagine she has been gone eight years now. Dad is buried there also. What my sister does is buy purple balloons - April's favorite color - and ties uplifting notes to them and releases them to fly off and perhaps someone will find them. I couldn't find a picture of April on a CD. She was a very beautiful young lady and we still all miss her very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home