Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Friday, March 31, 2006

Dinner

We had dinner early this evening - couldn't wait for the crab legs. I only cooked the two smaller ones I am holding in the last post and one more. We ate our fill and there is still some meat left over I just dumped in the left over butter - oh I know what I am going to nibble on around midnight.

Room mate Steve is snoring away on the couch - it has been a long day for him and he ate well for a change. I try to cook what he likes but with out getting much activity he hasn't been eating much.

These crab legs only come into a certain grocery store about twice a year and Steve's friend let him in on getting some this time - we only bought half a box - which will do us just fine. With the shrimp - a bag of which we have to have tomorrow because it wouldn't fit in the freezer - we are set for sea food. Still have some cat fish left from the five pound box I bought on sale.

Gee I think a little rest sounds good to me too. It has been a long day for me too.

5 Comments:

At Fri Mar 31, 07:01:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Good for you! You deserve a rest and I see you got your daughter's link up...that's one of the hardest things to accomplish I hear from the long-time bloggers. But now that you know, you can help someone else.

I'm going over to check your daughter's site out.

 
At Fri Mar 31, 07:23:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Flourish or Blotts?

 
At Fri Mar 31, 10:58:00 PM 2006, Blogger Tanya said...

Mmmmm - that looks good. I miss seafood (I live on the Great Barrier Reef, but only eat it after friends go fishing or crabbing).

Good on you for surviving without the mobile. I got mine a few years ago because I was relatively transient at the time. And now that I have it and a regular phone, it's mainly used to call a taxi - or for an emergency. I could certainly live without it, but it's reassuring that it's there if I need it.

 
At Sat Apr 01, 10:05:00 AM 2006, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Doubleknot, thanks for the well-wishes today. Glad you've been stopping by.

I read this post and immediately went yum, yum. Love seafood. In fact, son and DIL are driving in from San Diego and I am taking the whole family out to a nice seafood restaurant for dinner Tuesday evening. It's DIL's birthday so I guess we will be celebrating both of ours. I checked my Weight Watchers book and we can have a whole Maine lobster for only 2 points (if you aren't familiar with WW, that's a fantastic amount since I'm only allowed 28 points per day).

Anyway, thanks again for the nice comments. I will keep everybody posted on my surgery progress.

 
At Sat Apr 01, 10:33:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went out to dinner last night for my late birthday dinner, hoping to go to my favorite Asian buffet that serves crab legs, because that's what I was wanting - crab and lo mein. It was gone! A whole new restaurant was there - Indian (which I love), but I wanted crab! Now I will at least be happy knowing you dined on what looks to be fabulous crab. YUM!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home