Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Friday, March 17, 2006

Easter and Jelly Beans


Easter is April 16th this year. It is the only time of year you can buy bags of just the black jelly beans - guess who likes them. This stash should last a long time. My room mate, Steve, likes jelly beans too but I take out the black ones - he doesn't like them - more for me.
Forgot to buy my yearly package of peeps - have to go to the drugstore today so I will buy them.
Easter means we get to set our clocks forward so it will be daylight longer.
Easter time means all the pretty dresses and suits in the stores.
Easter for Christians means the time Jesus rose and delivered us from death - of the soul and body.
I remember Easter with my son when he was young. I would have a dozen eggs just for him to color how ever he wanted to. When he was real young they usually turned out brown from being colored over and over but as he got older he learned not to do that. We would hide them several times till they started to crack then we would take them to the animals and feed the eggs to the pigs and the dogs. He got more fun out of feeding the pigs the eggs - after all what is a dozen eggs compared to the fun he had. My daughter is nine years older then my son so she was past hunting eggs so she received a little basket with some sort of gift in it. I wonder if she remembers that. Now I try to send cards to them. At least I can email my daughter if I forget the card.

1 Comments:

At Mon Mar 20, 08:47:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I can't believe that I found someone else besides me who likes black jelly beans. I also am nuts for peeps or any color.

I have 26 year olds that hunt Easter Eggs at my house. My youngest egg hunter will be Dylan 19 months old, followed by Brandon 11 years old and on up to 16, 18, 19,20, 22, 26. Those are there ages of my egg hunters. There are 2 in each age group. The reason they still hunt is because I put money in the eggs now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home