Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Scrunchies



Some of the first scrunchies I made following patterns. I soon learned they were too big so I down sized to smaller pig tail elastics and making up my own patterns. The small pink one is the only one I have right now.
I just start crocheting single crochet around the elastic - hint don't start with a knot just tuck the end in and crochet over it. From there you can make chain loops or what ever you like.
The kids hair is so fine the scrunchie gets twisted twice and looks like a flower.
Time for me to get back to my projects. I have been surfing the net trying to find a pattern for this large looped flower but no luck so I guess I will just have to sit down with the picture and try copying it.

3 Comments:

At Wed Mar 15, 08:29:00 PM 2006, Blogger Abandoned in Pasadena said...

Thanks for the picture guide. Looking at your picture gives me a better idea of what I can make.

 
At Thu Mar 16, 10:34:00 AM 2006, Blogger susan said...

Scrunchies - great idea, I will show it to the grandkids (3 of which are girls) to see if they want to make some.

 
At Thu Mar 16, 11:03:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet they make sure flowers. Great job figuring out your own pattern. :) F

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home