Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Almost A Smile

Steve had almost a smile on his face when we got home Friday. By the end of Saturday he was smiling. He started doing the exercises and everything the doctor told him to do - no matter how bad it hurt. He can now lift his arm all the way up but only with help - he still can't lift it by it's self.
It looks like we are going to make it to the family reunion after all. Which means I have to throw a few things in a bag. I already bought an extra card for my camera and batteries so I can take pictures. A lot of the family is coming this year who don't usually come. Steve's family reunions are really nice. Everyone is so nice to me - they just took me in like I was one of the family. It takes almost a whole motel to have rooms for everyone except the ones who live in Leesburg already.

So I won't be posting next weekend. But I will be back with some family pictures.

3 Comments:

At Sun Apr 30, 11:07:00 AM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Glad to see that Steve is smiling and his arm is mobile again, and how wonderful that you get to go to the family reuion...have fun and I'm glad that you will be taking plenty of pictures...make sure that you have someone take pictures of yourself.

I love family reuions...lots of good homemade food...yummm
I'll miss your posts next weekend.

I failed to mention in my last comment that I can just see your grandma on that riding lawnmower and bumping into things. She's lucky it didn't knock her off when she hit stuff, but if it did, she sounds like the type of woman that wouldn't have told anybody about it anyway.

 
At Mon May 01, 08:10:00 AM 2006, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

From what I hear, the physical therapy is the worst part, painful, but also VERY important. Glad to see the smile.

 
At Mon May 01, 10:31:00 AM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

So glad he is feeling better. How nice to be able to smile again.

Tell him to stick with the physical therapy. It really works ... hurts ... but works!

Have fun at the family reunion! Looking forward to the pictures!

Ava

 

Post a Comment

<< Home