Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, April 24, 2006

Amaryllis Seed

These are amaryllis seed pods. I don't usually let them set, I cut the stem once the blooms are gone but since this is the only one that bloomed I thought it would be interesting to show that not only do they propagate by bulbs but also by seeds.
This is the inside of the seed pod. The seed is small the bigger black looking things must be a way for the seed to scatter.
In case you forgot this is the amaryllis that bloomed and the blurry picture I took of it.

3 Comments:

At Mon Apr 24, 06:40:00 AM 2006, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

I am glad you posted this. I didn't know what these flowers were, but they seem to pop up around my tree every year. Thanks, now I now how to get the seeds to plant them in some other places, beautiful, aren't they?

 
At Mon Apr 24, 09:35:00 AM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I gatherered a bunch of amaryllis seeds once and planted them, but non came up...must have been bad seeds or....my husband weedeated them down...It happends sometimes, when I don't remind him that there are flowers there or either barracade a plant with a stick fortress, around it.

Blogger is giving me trouble loading each blog and then when you leave a comment and press the publish button you get an error page, and lose your comment.

 
At Tue Apr 25, 08:51:00 PM 2006, Blogger R.Powers said...

That's a beautiful amaryllis. They are great carefree plants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home