Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, April 03, 2006

Bluejay


No don't look there is no bird in this picture - by the time I got outside he was gone. I kept hearing a thumb, thumb and turned around to see the shadow of a bird hitting my bay windows. Peeking through the blinds I saw him, maybe slightly stunned, standing on the ground. I don't know if he was after a bug or if he saw his reflection in the window and decided to attack the 'other bird'. I have seen this behavior in cardinals and bluejays if they see their reflection in something.

Gee this time change has me and my room mate all messed up - for some reason neither one of us could go to sleep last night. He took the back bedroom to watch the Godfather and I had the front to myself to play on my computer and watch some Law and Order. It must have been two in the morning before we settled down. He is still sleeping but I was up not later then my usual time so I know I will be taking a nap later.

Wanted to say one thing about my last post. The young lady who is pregnant is 25 years old - she just looks so young. This is her third baby and her soon to be husband has a son so they have a house full.

5 Comments:

At Mon Apr 03, 04:16:00 PM 2006, Blogger R.Powers said...

We once had a heron crash into our windows. Weirdest thing.

I really hate spring ahead time. I wish they would just leave it be.

Great family shots in the posts below :)

 
At Mon Apr 03, 04:58:00 PM 2006, Blogger The Four Bears in the Woods said...

What a coincidence.. I had about the same post today only I tried to take a picture of a BIG woodpecker in our back yard.

I love the time change but we are having a time getting adjusted to it too.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments.

Mama Bear

 
At Mon Apr 03, 07:12:00 PM 2006, Blogger somershade said...

I thought maybe it was Cucoo, his missing you know:)

 
At Mon Apr 03, 07:39:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I started to say that my DIL has a picture of a missed woodpecker sighting too, but I see she has already been here.

Today I was reminiscing(sp) about Cucoo...You know he is still missing don't you? Perhaps he landed in Florida.

 
At Tue Apr 04, 05:48:00 AM 2006, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Catching up on reading blogs, been busy lately with work, taxes, etc. We have birds that fly into our windows often, guess the windows reflect the sky and we will hear 'wham' and go look, sure enough, there is the poor bird feet up on the deck. I like your hair! It looks great. Glad you had a family gettogether, looks like all had a great time. Crablegs mmmmmm. Glad your roommate is getting around better, now if you can just get him back to work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home