Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Old Pictures



This is the female Blue Indigo snake that used to live in my garden. Once she knew it was me she just hung around and wasn't scared. Her mate the male, which is smaller then the females, never did get to know me - he ran and hid.
I had to go to the neighbors and beg them not to kill the snakes if they wondered into their yards. Trying to explain that these are good snakes and protected to people who shudder at the word snake was hard to do. I like to think they are still around out there somewhere.

Guess I better stop looking at old pictures and stay in the day. Trip to the doctor yesterday and what he heard in my lungs made him insist that I come back for breathing tests today. Next is a new cat scan so the doc can see what is happening. I do not look forward to another lung biopsy.

2 Comments:

At Thu Apr 06, 05:32:00 AM 2006, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Sorry, I am one of those folks who shudder at the word snake, 'the only good snake is a dead snake'. But I am getting better, when we visited the aquarium over the weekend, I actually looked at the snakes behind the glass, which I used to not do.

 
At Thu Apr 06, 12:02:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I love snakes, but I am careful with poisonous ones and only handle them by the tail. I used to have pet snakes as a child (& grown up too). They are beneficial and I try to tell people this, but they still try to kill everyone they see. If they call me I will relocate them to a safer place. So glad you feel the same about snakes.

I'm sorry to hear about you needing a CAT Scan of your lungs and I hope it is nothing serious and just a blip in the scan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home