Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Oriental Market

On the way home from the hospital we stopped in the Oriental Market for me to pick up a few things. It is just like a market overseas - crowded with just about anything you could want. I hold myself back from getting too much.
Here are some of the goodies I bought - my coconut vinegar of course, I like to cook with it and it makes a nice pickled cucumber. Some flavor for rice, overseas they use the leaves of some plant to cook the rice in but the flavor is the same. Had to pick up a jar of pineapple gel - delicious. Some Korean cookies - not at all what we call cookies but soft and filled with something.

3 Comments:

At Wed Apr 19, 06:41:00 AM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I've never been in a Korean store, it sounds interesting.

 
At Wed Apr 19, 11:03:00 AM 2006, Blogger Fran said...

It looks pretty exotic - you must be a great cook, DK !

catty

 
At Thu Apr 20, 06:43:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a Japanese-Korean store that I love. I have limit how ofter I go there and watch how much I buy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home