Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Super Super Wal Mart

Well it opened today. I walked around sighing and just fiddling with things till Steve said around two or so that he had to take me down there to take a look or I wouldn't be happy - gee how did he know that?
Warned sternly that we did not have to cover the entire store - that it was going to be there for a while I was very good. We only went to the photo shop - found a new digital camera I have been saving for.
Of course we went to the sporting goods store and I found the clip on polarized sun shades for fishing to fit my old pair of glasses - came home and promtly dropped the glasses and broke the frame - I can fix it though.
Had my picture taken with the Cheetos Tiger. They kept giving us free stuff and we didn't get a buggy so we were juggling all this stuff in our arms and trying to fill out a paper to get a card for Wal Mart - got a free umbrella - Steve gets to keep that one in his truck. The guy pulled out a screw driver set and I just laughed and said we had so many of those at home already.
Turned my old camera to video instead of regular pictures but going through Picasa it made still pictures. The video is just a few seconds and really not worth the effort.
Well after the long wait the day has arrived - now I can go wander around Wal Mart. Steve's sister Eloise is a shopper - she can shop for hours and not buy a thing.
We lucked out on a parking place someone was pulling out just as we were driving down a lane.
Only met one set of neighbors but I am sure we will run into more as we get used to going.

3 Comments:

At Wed Apr 19, 11:40:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

You got a new camera? Your old camera took better pictures than mine. I was telling my husband today that I am going to get a 20X digital camera for nature shots and keep the one I have for the quick bike shots.

I love Wal-mart, but I stay away from it now and soon you will discover how much of your money they will have. You'll one day look down at your checkbook and see that almost every amount was spent at Wal-mart.

I was telling my daughter how much money blogging had saved me by not going to walmart everyday. I live equal distance between 2 Wal-mart super centers 5 minutes away. They have practically everything at a decent price. I like Wal-mart stores.

Enjoy it since it's new.

 
At Thu Apr 20, 12:05:00 AM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

Awww ... new super wal-mart!!!!

I sure spen a lot of money there, that's for sure!

There and Hobby Lobby!!!!

 
At Thu Apr 20, 06:40:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're almost as bad with Wal-Mart as we are with Lowes. My husband and I joke about having part of our paychecks sent to an account at these stores.

The tiger pictures look great.

Love freebies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home