Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Baby is Home


Marisa came home Monday. She and mom are doing well. Steph is going to have to come over tomorrow because I still have her clean clothes. I do believe the other girls had doctor's appointments and the baby also.

I had a doctor's appointment today - I was just sort of messing around and about to to ten I realized I had a 10:45 appointment in Brandon. Shower - half dry my hair - dash to the truck - make it to Brandon to the doctor's office in plenty of time for my 10:45 appointment - I saw the doctor at 12:36 for all of five minutes. Begged him for something to take when my knees really hurt - told him I didn't care if it was on my Medicare or not - bright spot in the day - my medicine was covered.

Steve's therapy isn't going very well. For some reason the muscle just won't start building up. His arm will now move around but not alone. He has been following through with the exercises but even the therapist knows something is not right. I keep telling him to call the worker's comp man and see if they can send him to a different doctor - though this one is suppose to be the best. I guess we will just have to wait and see what life throws at us.

5 Comments:

At Tue May 23, 09:48:00 PM 2006, Blogger Granny said...

Your last line could be mine.

Beautiful Marisa. What a sweet little face.

 
At Wed May 24, 06:48:00 AM 2006, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

What a beautiful baby! Glad she is home and doing well! ~ jb///

 
At Wed May 24, 07:25:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks so peaceful. Glad she's home.

 
At Wed May 24, 09:50:00 AM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Glad baby Marisa is home and doing fine along with mom and her other children.

It took several months of physical therapy to build my arm muscle back up so I could even lift my arm. I think Steve just expects results too fast...it takes a lot of work at home doing the exercises and it's painful too. I also thought I was progressing too slow, but it is slow.

 
At Wed May 24, 12:10:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

Pasadena is right ... it does take quite a bit of time to build back up. I was amazed at how long it took to just build back up a broken finger ... three months. Keep working on it, but if you're not satisfied with your doctor you should try to get referred to someone else.

The baby is so precious! Glad that they are home and doing well.

Ava

 

Post a Comment

<< Home