Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, May 08, 2006

Family Reunion

This is one of the largest family groups that was at the reunion. Brother Charles, deceased, was head of the family now it is the oldest boy and he is a grand pa.
Guess who - this was our little group. I think we had the smallest group there.
Here is Carolyn's group. Daughters and grand daughters.

There were only 67 people there this year. Even Steve commented on how few people had shown up. As the years pass and the older ones die their grandkids are not at an age when a family reunion matters to them.

We had fun. Steve really enjoyed talking to everyone. I hardly saw him. By Saturday night I was so tired I told him to give my apologies that I had to rest - so he went and visited till almost eleven.

3 Comments:

At Mon May 08, 11:24:00 AM 2006, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

It is good to get everyone together at least once a year. Looks like a good time and good eating too!

 
At Mon May 08, 12:37:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

67 is still a nice size...but like you said, the young grandkids aren't interested in the family reuions...they will be, just give them time.

You all looked great...and I like how you took pictures in family groups like that...We've never done that.

The only group that gets it's picture taken as a family group is the remaining OLDER ones and there's isn't many left...except our old Aunt Ollie who is heading for her 103rd birthday.

 
At Mon May 08, 12:42:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

I like the family group pictures too. We always do that at our family reunion and then if you want copies you can buy the little photo album of that years reunion. I always get one!

Ava

 

Post a Comment

<< Home