Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Flower Treat


When we moved to the place we live now the house on the corner had this vine growing all along the fence and on it were these lovely flowers. I kept wanting to go ask them what they were but never did.

While my daughter was down here for Mother's Day we had to check out the Lowe's Garden Department - they have a very large one with just about everything you would need. Back to my story - we were looking at the flowers and there it was the red flower that was growing on the neighbors fence. Turns out it was a red passion vine and once I saw it close up regonized it. They had the purple ones also. Well never did find out how much that plant cost - sort of lost the receipt. Bigger pot more potting soil and a trellis later I am hoping that I get those same beautiful flowers.

Does any one out there know the ledgend of the passion vine? I used to know it but over the years the memory has faded. It has something to do with how many petals or stamins or something like that.

2 Comments:

At Wed May 24, 07:17:00 PM 2006, Blogger somershade said...

My son just got a job at Lowes, home and garden area. He loves it.beautiful flowers.

 
At Thu May 25, 10:11:00 AM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I see my daughter beat me here today. I don't know the legend of the passion flower, but I think it will be beautiful once all those pretty red flowers are blooming all over it.
You'll have to show us a picture of the vine once it starts blooming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home