Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Fun Day

My sis and I had a fun day despite having a long wait at the doctor's office.
We went and ate Chinese then went to Jo Ann's.
In Jo Ann's is wear I got sick. Did you know that the corporate head quarters are in Ohio and they control the climate for all the stores from there. It was cool up there so they had the heat on - so the heat was on in the store in Brandon. My sis and I are both going to write letters about this - we would have stayed longer and may have bought more except for the heat.

Here goes my ten simple pleasures list:
1. Hearing my daughter's voice.
2. Spending time with my sister.
3. Having Moocher curl up at my feet and sleep with me.
4. That first sip of coffee in the morning.
5. Standing on the porch at three am and watching it rain.
6. Hugs from the grandkids.
7. Seeing my flowers growing.
8. Steve doing something for me with out asking.
9. Blogging - have made so many new friends.
10. Waking up early in the morning and seeing it get daylight.

I really do take pleasure in the everyday simple things in life. I don't want a fancy car - someone may steal it, I don't want a huge house - too much to clean, I don't want a lot of money - well maybe some but everyone would be asking me for it.
There is so much in my life that I have to be grateful for - nothing fancy just all my needs are met. I do my part and God takes care of the rest.

My doctor's visit went well yesterday. The big one with my other doctor is coming up May 9th - I am glad I get to go to the family reunion before I see the pulmonary doctor with all the old and new cat scans and exrays.

Moocher was looking behind the couch last night and I couldn't figure out why - he was looking for his brushes - I slip them under the edge of the couch - the skirting goes to the floor - so they will be handy. He is one smart cat. The only strange thing about him is he very rarely goes into the other part of the house. He stays in the living room and kitchen.

4 Comments:

At Wed May 03, 08:15:00 AM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Glad your visit with your doctor & your sister went well.
I REALLY like your list of ten simple things you enjoy...why didn't I think of those? They're really great and I enjoy many of the things on your list, as well.

Moocher is indeed a smart cat, after all he chose you to be around.

I have another list for you...the "I Statements."
It took me a long time to consider myself in the "I" form, because for so many years I was defined as Jim's wife,
the children's mother, Dr.Hechema's secretary . I was never referred to by my own name...just by my association to others.
So my blog is totally "I," and whatever I want to put in it or say.

 
At Wed May 03, 09:25:00 AM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

Glad you and your sister had a fun day, even if it was on the way to the doctor.

I have spent a lot of money at our local Jo Ann's store. That's where I purchase all of my quilting supplies and fabric. They have a great selection of fabric.
My Jo Ann's store is in a really old building. I've never noticed if they're indoor climate was unusual to the day or not. I'll have to pay more attention.

I like your ten simple pleasures list. Very relaxing things.

I hope you have a great time at the reunion. Enjoy getting to see everyone.

Moocher stays in the living room and the kitchen? My dog has always stayed in the living room and the basement. The only time he leaves for another room upstairs is when we're playing hide and seek. Then he runs all over the place.

 
At Wed May 03, 03:53:00 PM 2006, Blogger Gary said...

I think cats are smarter than most people give them credit for.

 
At Sat May 06, 08:49:00 PM 2006, Blogger sueeeus said...

It's hard to fathom that JoAnn's is climate controlled from Ohio. The mother ship! It doesn't make much sense, when stores are usually in strip malls all over the states and it would seem that the climate controls would be controlled by the strip mall itself or the indidual store... How strange!
Anyway, I love your simple pleasures list, and share many of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home