Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Georgia Blooming



My daughter's amaryllis is blooming. It is a double flower. She has been working hard in her yard putting in new plants. Guess she comes from a long line of gardeners.

I am still working on my ten simple pleasures list. For someone who enjoys simple pleasures it seems to be hard to list them - I think I am trying to list them in order and that just won't work.

I get to see my sis today - she is taking me to the doctor way up in Tampa. We have fun together because we both like the same things - crocheting, gardening, yard sales, shopping, thrift stores, shopping. We look a lot alike. When I was showing the kids pictures on the computer when her picture came up they all looked at me and I had to tell them that was my sister. It was easier with the four sisters picture then they could tell we were different.

4 Comments:

At Tue May 02, 06:51:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a pretty red on the amaryllis. I enjoy everyone else's gardens because we haven't started working on ours yet. It was supposed to be a this year project but will most likely move to next year now.

Have fun with your Sis. Hope the doctor's visit goes well and fast.

 
At Tue May 02, 08:52:00 AM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

What beautiful flowers!

I'm still working on my ten simple pleasures list also. It's harder than I thought. I'm not listing mine in order though, that would be hard to do!!

Hope your dr visit goes well.

 
At Tue May 02, 09:20:00 AM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your daughter's amaryllis is a beautiful red and very pretty.

Your list of the 10 simple things you enjoy doesn't get listed in any particular order because then it wouldn't be simple anymore.

There are so many simple things that I enjoy that I had difficulty narrowing it down to just 10 things.

I hope that your doctors appointment goes well and that he has good news for you. I see that you will be enjoying one of your simple pleasures...spending time with your sister. I know that you will have fun with her.

 
At Tue May 02, 07:59:00 PM 2006, Blogger SuzieG said...

How very pretty! I took some pictures of my very first amarylis too. Although mine wasn't the hand me down one. I hope to keep the bulb though. Check out my blog to see it. I loved spending time with you sis! Next time let's just get away without the doc's appt. We can go rambling. Or as mom and aunt pat say, "run away" for a day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home