Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, May 04, 2006

My Daughter's Garden




This is the side view of my daughter's house. The middle picture if you can see it is a delicate looking flower - very different and I think the last one is a Gerber Daisy. She finds the most interesting plants. Notice she uses pine straw mulch.
Makes me want to put something in the ground but can't here - too many underground wires and the soil is no good. Oh well, I will stick to my pots. Need to buy too more bigger pots for my blanket flowers I bought to replace the ones that got eaten

Steve goes to therapy today - he is doing real good about doing his exercises at home. His muscles keep jumping in his shoulder and I think it is a good sign that they are alive and kicking in there.
We get to go to Wal Mart when he gets back. Did I tell the story of getting lost in Wal Mart. I was going around in circles asking every clerk where were the exits and check out. Spotted the camera department and knew that was the first place I went so I back tracked from there and found a check out and actually found my truck. They have all sorts of signs to tell you where things are but hey I am the person who got lost in Ruskin - small town.

8 Comments:

At Thu May 04, 05:28:00 AM 2006, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Love the flowers, your daughter has a green thumb! I wonder what the one in the middle picture is?

 
At Thu May 04, 11:05:00 AM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your daughter's flowers are very pretty and the bloom of the middle flower is very unusual and delicate looking.

Once you go to Wal-mart again, you'll never get lost in it or any other wal-mart...they are all layed out the same except that sometimes the grocery dept is on the oposite side of the store. I think I have stopped at every wal-mart across the U.S. *LOL*...my husband sometimes gets annoyed when I spot one and say, "Lets stop."

 
At Thu May 04, 06:39:00 PM 2006, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

No problem, I have been lost in Walmart and lost in Ruskin!!!

 
At Fri May 05, 04:33:00 PM 2006, Blogger Gary said...

That top photo is very impressive. That's exactly the type of gardening that interests me.

 
At Fri May 05, 05:59:00 PM 2006, Blogger R.Powers said...

What a pretty housefront. It's the Walmart parking lots that throw me if I'm thinking about something else when I park and walk in. When I exit I have to stop and rethink my path into the store.

 
At Fri May 05, 06:10:00 PM 2006, Blogger Tanya said...

I love your daughter's house. Great photos.

 
At Fri May 05, 10:16:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

Beautiful shot of the house and garden. It really is pretty.

I like the variety of colors and types of plants.

Oh, don't worry, I used to be the queen of getting lost!!!!

Ava

 
At Sat May 06, 08:45:00 PM 2006, Blogger sueeeus said...

What a gorgeous home and garden!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home