Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My Hibiscus


One lone bloom but at times I thought I would never see even that. Several times I had given the plant up for dead but it would put out a few leaves and I recently repotted it into a larger pot with the miracle Grow Potting soil with fertilizer already in it. It would be a shame to lose it now because all the ones in front of my mother's house have been cut down by an over zealous son-in-law. He said he didn't want any bushes there that some one could hide behind. And they were so lovely and being next to the ditch didn't need much care except trimming - not killing. Every time any of us went to Mom's when they were blooming we had to pick some. He just ruined my mother's plants. I am going to keep this one going. Who knows she may want a piece back to plant some where else in her yard.

4 Comments:

At Wed May 24, 06:50:00 AM 2006, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Seeing this post makes me want to insure I am not an over zealous son in law! Pretty flower! ~ jb///

 
At Wed May 24, 09:43:00 AM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your flowers is very pretty and I hope you keep it alive. I have seen people just move in and cut things down, just not even knowing what they're cutting down. Next door the most beautiful dogwood tree was cut down for no good reason and a lovely red flowering bush. A whole orchard of fruit trees were cut merely to keep other relatives from getting some fruit. People are insane sometimes.

You have hit on my pet peeve...especially city people moving to the forest and then bulldozing EVERY single mature oak tree down, building a house and then buying small seedling trees from nurseries to plant. They should just buy already cleared fields. They are ruining our forests.

 
At Wed May 24, 12:07:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

Very pretty flower you've got there.

Very sad about your mother's plants.

(Big frown)

I have a brother who does that. Grrrr ...

Ava

 
At Wed May 31, 07:19:00 PM 2006, Blogger Val said...

The kind of people AIP describes are everywhere unfortunately. If they do plant something it's a bonus - so many people now are building out to the fencelines and paving what little land is left. A real pity about those hibiscus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home