Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Wet Ground Posted by Picasa
Blogger wasn't corporative this morning so the pictures were posted but nothing else. What a wonderful sound it was to hear the rain wake me up early in the morning. We desperately needed the rain.
There was a very serious brush fire a few miles from us. We could see the smoke and see the helicopters flying around. Thank goodness no one's house was burned down but I understand that they told over a thousand people leave their houses. In another part of the state they weren't so lucky.

4 Comments:

At Tue May 09, 02:15:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I hope Moocher is inside and how close are those forest fires to you? I'm glad it's raining there because of the fires and you probably need the rain too.

 
At Tue May 09, 10:31:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

That would be very frightening to have fires so close to be able to see the smoke! Wow.

Glad that you got the rain that you needed.

I love waking up to the rain in the morning. So peaceful.

Ava

 
At Wed May 10, 06:28:00 AM 2006, Blogger SuzieG said...

My hubby was stuck on I75 Monday due to the fires. He was stalled up in traffic for two hours! It was between Big Bend road and Gibsonton road. But most of the mandatory evacuations were east of I75 around Summerfield and all those new subdivisions. He was able to finally get off I75 and had to go to US41 where the traffic was so heavy, he was still at a snails pace. It took him four hours to get home, usually it takes 40 minutes. The smoke gets so bad that it is worse than fog, and no one can drive in that. I'm glad it didn't get over to your side, sis. Thank God for the little rain yesterday! It was needed to wet the palmetto roots and put out the underground smoldering that remained a danger!

 
At Wed May 10, 03:31:00 PM 2006, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

It sure was nice to see that rain. Down by us we got about 2 inches. I wish it would rain everyday for a week - so we could catch up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home