Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, June 26, 2006

Hibiscus


AIP has her moon flower now I have a Luna Hibiscus. My sister bought this one for Mom in the hospital. When sis and I left, my other sis and her husband had arrived - we met at the old Wal Mart and bought some more. I just bought one but my sis bought several to plant by Mom's fence only this time she is putting them in cages so my brother in law won't mow them down like he did with her double red hibiscus.

My Mom seems to be fine. She was sitting up and laughing and talking with Aunt Pat and my sister when I arrived. Said she wasn't hurting any more but they had to run some more tests to make sure the shunt in her heart isn't going bad.

I didn't get upset or too worried - though I know it has to hurt pretty bad for Mom to call to be taken to the hospital in the middle of the night. I know the time will come soon when she will no longer be with us. Maybe it is because she doesn't' fear death but embraces it as joining Christ. But she does take care of herself. At one point years ago she wouldn't go to the doctor because she was so convinced by these people that Christ was coming she felt she didn't need to - after reminding her that no man knows when that day will come and we are to use what he gives us in this life she came round to taking care of herself.

Prayers and positive thoughts needed. Thank you.

7 Comments:

At Mon Jun 26, 05:50:00 AM 2006, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Good wishes for your mom's speedy recovery!

 
At Mon Jun 26, 12:17:00 PM 2006, Blogger Patty said...

I'm sending good wishes your way for your mom. I know how hard it is to watch a parent go down hill, and we are never ready for them to leave us. I know when my dad passed the only confort I got was from knowing in my heart that he was not suffering and is a better place. I pray you will have a long time yet with your mom and that she will improve and have continued good health.

 
At Mon Jun 26, 01:30:00 PM 2006, Blogger TJ said...

Beautiful flowers...praying for peace in your heart and your mom's health!
:-D

 
At Mon Jun 26, 03:50:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

What a beautiful flower!!!! Such a pretty color and wonderfully shaded.

I'm glad to hear that your mother is doing well.

Ava

 
At Mon Jun 26, 10:57:00 PM 2006, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

I hope your Mom is doing better and I have a good thought for her speedy recovery!

 
At Mon Jun 26, 11:31:00 PM 2006, Blogger Granny said...

You have mine.

 
At Tue Jun 27, 09:16:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I love your Luna and I'm debating about my moon flower with is called a angel trumpet (or something like that)...I found out it is poisonous. But only if you eat it, but I guess lots of flowers and plants are poisonous. It's been there for 3 years and no cats have died. Maybe I'll try to feed it to the moles in the yard. *LOL*

And isn't it funny...the more you clean the more mess you end up with. Good thing you have the goodwill to take your stuff too.
And when is Steve's sister coming to visit?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home