Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Mowing


Steve got tired of the grass being so tall and bought a very small lawn mower. When I asked him how he was steering it with his bad arm he said he was steering it with his good one that the bad arm was just resting on the handle. He loves to mow grass, likes everything about it - the smell, pushing the lawn mower even with one arm and even the sweat he builds up. It took a lot of rest stops but he got it mowed and said the next time would be easier because it would be shorter.

The passion vine cuttings I put in a pot have all died now so I have to think of another way - maybe they would root in water - worth a try.

Have two doctor's appointments next week and they want me to bring the girls over here for a couple of days for a few hours a day - give everyone a break.

Think it is time for my second nap. Didn't sleep too well last night.

3 Comments:

At Sat Jul 29, 01:09:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

How about giving grandma darling a break?

I love to mow too, but with a riding mower...perhaps that's why I have gained weight. I've made life too easy for me.

BTW
Your been tagged with the Five meme:

Five things
5 things in your freezer
5 things in your closet
5 things in your car
5 things in your purse
5 things in your wallet
5 people I am tagging

 
At Sat Jul 29, 06:09:00 PM 2006, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I just love the smell of freshly cut grass! I'm sure Steve was glad he could do the mowing himself:-)Good luck at your next 2 doctor appointments!!

 
At Mon Jul 31, 08:43:00 PM 2006, Blogger The Four Bears in the Woods said...

I always liked mowing grass and even pushed mowed three yards in my younger years. I liked the work out, the smell of the freshly cut grass, and what I had accomplished when I finished. My hubby now does the mowing with a riding mower. We don't have to mow much though because it is all wooded and the grass doesn't grow to fast.

Hope all goes well at your next doctor visits.

Mama Bear

 

Post a Comment

<< Home