Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Another Round


Well it turned out that Steve was right about his shoulder. His rotor cup is torn again which means the doctor is going to operate on him again.

The doctor told Steve they could leave it like it is and Steve told him he didn't want his arm unusable that he wanted to be able to go fishing again. The doctor took more time with Steve and tried to tell him who knows how it happened - we think it was during the manipulation on Steve's arm to unfreeze it - the shoulder really started hurting after that and the therapy just seemed to make it worse.

I blame the doctor for not having follow up xrays or something after that manipulation. They keep fluffing Steve off till I called worker's comp for Steve and insisted that something was wrong. Now we have to wait for worker's comp to OK the operation then the doctor will set a date. Hopefully it won't be too long a wait. Meanwhile the doctor didn't even pull Steve off the job he still has to go to work. There isn't much he can do and it frustrates him that he can't do simple things but I keep telling him they are paying him to do the penciling of defects that need to be fixed.

4 Comments:

At Wed Aug 23, 01:04:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

Poor Steve. I hope he's able to keep his spirits up and see the light at the end of the tunnel. You are totally right, there should have been follow up xrays. I would think so anyway.

 
At Wed Aug 23, 07:11:00 PM 2006, Blogger Carole Burant said...

How very frustrating for him and to think this probably could have been avoided if follow up xrays had been taken and if the manipulation had been done right!! My heart goes out to both of you, can't be easy on either one of you!

 
At Wed Aug 23, 08:41:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I feel so bad for Steve and I don't blame him for wanting something done about it...like another operation. I will be praying that it gets fixed this time and that physical therapy will go smoothly and that he will have a complete recovery of his arm.

My doctor gave me a certain percentage of disability on my rotator cup, but I sure don't know where it's at, maybe just in strength, because both arms are the same.

 
At Thu Aug 24, 02:52:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

Hope that all is well!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home