Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hugs


Aw, isn't it sweet. That is what I need now is lots of hugs. Just came from the different doctor they sent me to for my right knee - he said he didn't know why my doc sent me to him I had to go to an orthopedic - like - hey, yes - the one I usually see Dr. Goldsmith. After going through all the paper work and waiting Dr. Hectman said he would make my file disappear like I was never there. So now I need to get another appointment with Dr. Goldsmith for my knee because he will only look at one body part at a time and I already have an appointment for my shoulder.

Errr, I had to reset that appointment three times - twice to go with Steve to the doctor and once to be home when the land lord came to fix the bath tub facets. Oh yes it is the old threes again - first the window then the bath tub facet breaking one more thing and we should be clear for a while.

Steve was very pleased with his MRI experience this time - his case worker got him into the Tower in Brandon which isn't too far. I have been going there for years for tests and know how nice it is. He said he just had to keep his eyes closed and they gave him earphones to wear with music so you can't hear the machine too much. Not only did he have the MRI but he had it twice once plain and the other with contrast. Also xrays. He said the techs were saying something about a bone out of place but he won't know the results till he goes to the doctor mean while the doctor did tell him to stop therapy just incase it is irritating something in his shoulder. Which is good because the therapy was really hurting - more then it should have and wasn't making any progress.

Gotta check my chicken - chicken and yellow rice and creamed peas for supper. I like to cook my chicken then take it off the bones - goes farther that way. My I am making myself hungry.

5 Comments:

At Wed Aug 16, 03:21:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

What a sweet picture!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your appointment. Better luck next time!!

That's great about Steve. Hopefully they find something this time and I'm glad to hear that they've stopped the therapy for now.

Enjoy your chicken!

 
At Wed Aug 16, 03:44:00 PM 2006, Blogger Patty said...

oh how cute..Is that a cat under the dog? I can't quite tell. Glad things are going well for you, the chicken sounds yummy

 
At Wed Aug 16, 03:55:00 PM 2006, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I made creamed peas just last night:-) Love the picture of the cat hugging the dog's face! lol What a shame about your dr. appointments, you'll get there eventually! Glad Steve was able to get through the MRI...I cringe at ever having to have one, I'm very claustrophobic!! Good luck to him with the results!!

 
At Wed Aug 16, 06:27:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'm hungry...What time is supper? It sounds really good.

Well, it sounds like Steve is finally going to get straightened out. And I'm glad he had the MRI and other contrast x-rays. They will finally see why he is not healing right.

It's too bad Dr.Goldsmith will not see you at the same time for your shoulder and your knee. I'm sure it has to do with the billing and collecting from Medicare. He can't bill your insurance for both problems, he would have to choose just one and treat the other for free. But if he sees you on different days for each problem separately, he can get paid for each problem.

 
At Mon Aug 21, 10:48:00 PM 2006, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

You are making me hungry too! Hey, I had a second take on the photo, first I thought the dog had a mask on! Then I saw it was a kitty! too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home