Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, August 28, 2006

My Computer

A kid and...
a cat conspired to keep me away from my computer this weekend. For a while I thought I counldn't get on the net any more but after reseting my computer - which means I also had to add all software again including my server - things seem to have sorted themselves out. There are still a few bugs but at least it is still working.

We all over slept this morning. Steve is off to 'work' - they have him walking around with a walkie talkie in case someone needs something he can get someone to do it. He feels so useless but I keep reminding him he is getting paid for it.

We still haven't heard anything from worker's comp or the doctor about his operation so I think if we don't hear today that we need to call Tuesday.

Steve did manage to go fishing and caught a couple of nice sheep's heads. His arm was really hurting later but from the look on his face it was worth it. Too late I thought of taking a picture. Poor thing he stood at the bottom of the steps and asked if he should have given them away and I told him no - bring those things in here and I will clean them. It was lighting and raining outside by then so the fish got cleaned at my kitchen sink - itsn't the first time I have done that. I am glad he got to catch a few fish - left handed at that. I knew if he wanted to bad enough he would figure something out. I guess he thought his should is messed up again anyway he couldn't do much more damage to it.

6 Comments:

At Mon Aug 28, 07:44:00 PM 2006, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I panic at the thought of my computer not working!! lol You'd think I'm addicted to it or something huh?!! Glad to hear Steve was able to go fishing and good for him for being able to catch a couple of sheep's heads!! Tell him he has to catch lots more so that you and your blogging friends can all get together for a fish fry:-)

 
At Wed Aug 30, 07:40:00 AM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I wasn't on the computer yesterday, other than to put up a post. I have been trying not to spend all my free time on it, because the last time my computer went off, I was fit to be tied. I don't like depending on it so much that it upsets everything else.
I'm glad you got yours fixed though.

Glad to hear that Steve can fish with his left arm even though I'm sure it is awkward for him. He did catch something so that was good. And I'm with Pea...he needs to catch enough so we can all meet for a fish fry.

Take care and I hope that Steve finds something out pretty quick.

 
At Wed Aug 30, 09:41:00 AM 2006, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Fishing sounds like great therapy, maybe he should try that next time instead of PT! Hope all turns out better this time around with the surgery, you know why they call them 'practicing physicians' - because they are practicing on us!

 
At Wed Aug 30, 11:09:00 AM 2006, Blogger Gary said...

I would be willing to be useless if someone paid me well for it. If they paid me extremely well, I would be willing to be extremely useless. :)

 
At Wed Aug 30, 03:38:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

It looks like your computer got a lot of use though and had some fun doing it!!!!

Hope that all is going well!

 
At Thu Aug 31, 12:21:00 AM 2006, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

I was up your way the other day, had to go to Brandon and I took the long way (41) home! Maybe fishing is good therapy; perhaps not for the shoulder, but at least for peace of mind! Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home