Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, October 23, 2006

A Prayer

This is for all canine lovers out there. My Aunt gave it to me many years ago - someone had given it to her. I found it while cleaning out some papers - I thought I had lost it.


A DOG'S PRAYER

Treat me kindly, my beloved maser, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick. For though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me to do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the worlds greatest music as you must know by the firece wagging of my tail when your footsteps fall upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet please take me inside - for I am no longer used to bitter elements and I ask no greater glory then the privilege of sitting at your feet by the hearth.

Though if you had no home, I would follow you through ice and snow, then rest upon the softest pillow, in the warmest home in all the land.

For you are my master and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water - for although I should not reproach you were it dry - I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food that I may stay well to romp and play and do your bidding. To walk by your side and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life - should your life be in danger.

And beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of health or sight, do not turn away from me, rather, hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest. And I will leave you knowing - with the last breath I drew - my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Unknown

7 Comments:

At Tue Oct 24, 08:09:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Very nice prayer. I'm going to send it to one of my stepdaughters who has 3 dogs.

 
At Tue Oct 24, 09:04:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ava said...

Hey!

I'm back on line!!!

Ava

 
At Wed Oct 25, 06:58:00 AM 2006, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

Nice prayer for dogs. I love 'em. My dog Ransome tells me if his water gets low, and he barks at me until I fill it!

 
At Wed Oct 25, 08:36:00 AM 2006, Blogger Lori said...

This is so cute! Do you mind if I pass it along to my mom? She is a real dog person.

 
At Wed Oct 25, 10:44:00 AM 2006, Blogger Carole Burant said...

What a wonderful prayer for anyone who has a dog...I miss my Scamp I had as a teen!! I'm glad no one was hurt in the fender bender you were in...I was in one last year and it figures the truck who hit me had no damage but my whole back corner was dented in and the light broken! Hope Steve is healing well!!!

 
At Wed Oct 25, 06:38:00 PM 2006, Blogger Patty said...

That was wonderful, thank you for sharing it

 
At Thu Oct 26, 08:24:00 AM 2006, Blogger Merle said...

Hi Doubleknot ~ I like the Dog's Prayer very much, although I do not have any pets at the moment. I will send it to my son who has 2 small dogs. Thanks for sharing. I hope your husband is well again. Take care, Cheers, Merle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home