Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Birthday Box

My daughter said I could open my birthday box because the present inside was wrapped. She did such a beautiful job wrapping I get to admire her work till my birthday - almost, just almost a shame to open it up. No I didn't shake it or try any of the other tricks to find out what is inside - sigh, I will just have to wait.

I know I said I wouldn't do it any more but I bought some more corn for the squirrels. They were looking all over for any little tidbit that was left. They are onto the cats now. I watched as a squirrel stared down a cat that was waiting at the bottome of the tree. I think the cats are getting the idea that they can't reach the squirrels fast enough to catch one. The feeder is high enough that by the time a cat tries to reach it the squirrel is gone. The little critters check the area around the ground for cats before picking up any corn that spills.

Looks like we might get to go shopping today. I have to figure out how to get Steve to let me go into Beal's Outlet by myself - it shouldn't be too hard. Dawn mentioned they had some Guy Harvey coffee cups in there and she wanted to get her Dad one - so I said I would try and stop by there.

Well the therapy people sent Steve home with a paper for some exercises to do at home and they would turn their report into the doctor. They told Steve the therapy was not doing anything for him - which he knew already just no one would listen. The doctor went through all the papers yesterday and told Steve he may never regain the use of his arm again. They are going to set up a funtional test to see how disabled he is and I guess we will find out what to do next. The fact that the scaffolding he fell from had no safty rails on it may play an important part. Steve doesn't know what to feel - he said he is going to take up a hobby of some kind if he can't work. He can't fish. He is in pain most of the time. I think he should have another doctor look at it. All we can do now is wait for the test and see what they say.

1 Comments:

At Wed Dec 13, 03:31:00 PM 2006, Blogger TJ said...

so sorry for your Steve...it has to be hard on a man...
(((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home