Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Birthday


Inside the beautifully wrapped gift my daughter sent me were four yummy lotions, a felted bowl and knitted wash cloth that she made herself. I couldn't have been more pleased. I was rubbing all four lotions on at one time yesterday. I hung the grapes from my computer desk for now so I can see them.

Also had another nice birthday surprise - Steve bought me a card and two different types of cherry candies. Put the word cherry in front of anything and I will eat it.

My sis took me out to lunch at the Red Lobster - wow - we thought we would end up taking some home but we ate the whole thing. Thanks again sis - that was a lot of fun. We also got to stop at Michaels, Jo Ann's and Wal Mart.

It looks like we have Christmas wrapped up now - literally - everyone taken care of. Steve took his daughter Steph to Beal's Outlet and let her pick out some clothes - it is the only way to keep her from spending any thing we gave her on the kids or her husband.

All I have to do now is go shopping for dinner tomorrow. A honey spiral cut ham is a must. Maybe some mashed potatoes and gravy - the rest I will play by ear.

If I don't get a chance to say it, here it is:


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

A tear has come to my eye thinking of all my bloggers friends who have read my blog all year. Thank you.

3 Comments:

At Thu Dec 21, 11:15:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

It sounds like you had a VERY HAPPY Birthday. Red Lobster is also my birthday treat from Jimmy every year...I love to go there and only go on Birthdays.

I am beginning to panic now thinking that now I'm not ready for Christmas because I haven't made any fudge yet and haven't even thought about what we are going to eat. I've been busy with Brian's bowls because I thought I was ready for Christmas. I think I really am and just beginning to feel a little stressed.

Thanks for being my blogger buddy this past year and I hope we continue to be friends throughout the coming year.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Love,
Sandy

ps. I hope I can leave you a comment because I have been having trouble today with comments.

 
At Thu Dec 21, 11:47:00 PM 2006, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

I enjoyed reading your blog all year, after all, we are so close geographically - we are "neighbor bloggers"! Hope you had a nice birthday. It is time to start "backwards birthdaying" - that means from now on you subtract a year! Have a Merry Christmas with your family!

 
At Fri Dec 22, 01:20:00 AM 2006, Blogger Alipurr said...

thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Like I told Alissa, I think you should not feel guilty. I think I would have had a lot of struggles, even more than you, in the same situation. I know God picked you specifically to be the mother of your children, and he equipped you to do what was the absolute best for them, to love them, and take care of them. I don't think you should feel bad about anything you have gone through. During this pregnancy, I have had inner struggles with what-if's and what I would do in any situation like that, and I really don't know. I say, bless you for choosing life and love for your children, no matter what anyone else may say or think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home