Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Eve

I have a new angel. My daughter sent me a box of goodies for Christmas and amongest all the cookies and gourmet coffees was this angel. Isn't she pretty?

We had a whirlwind Christmas Eve. All the kids had to open their presents here on Christmas Eve because they will all have to be some where else on Christmas Day. We had wrapping paper every where. Dawn became the offical paper picker upper. We have a lot of bags of trash - seems a waste - maybe I can come up with an idea for next Christmas that won't cost so much though we still have wrapping paper left.

Cooked a ham and assorted side dishes. Everyone cleaned up most of the ham but I went ahead and put the bone in the freezer while it still had a little meat on it - great northern beans and the ham bone sounds good. Last time I didn't save enough meat. We have another ham to cook on New Years. We couldn't find one big enough so we bought two.

I will post some pictures of the kids as soon as I sort out some. All the kids are having at least three Christmas's with Grand parents, fathers, mothers, etc. I know we all spoil them. It was hard to keep the little ones from opening their presents at our house but they had to go ahead and leave to open presents at their house then they are off with their father to open presents at his house.

Here's hoping everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

Learned something new with my email how to change the fonts and the color. You would think that after all these years I would know but I just never bothered with it before - so if you get an email from me in a funny color that is what is happening.

1 Comments:

At Tue Dec 26, 01:27:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Well you learned something more than I know...I know how to change the font but I can't change the color.

I love that Christmas Angel that your daughter gave you...it's beautiful.
About all the torn up wrapping paper...it wouldn't matter if you wrapped the presents in newspapers...they'd love the gift just as much. I tried it one year for my three and it didn't seem to make any difference...only to me but I drew some colored lines and designs with magic markers.

I can't believe that it will be 2007 soon...Have a Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home