Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

Well another year has rolled right along and here I am having another birthday so soon. All year I have been telling people I was 57 - just figured it up and it is this birthday I turn 57. So I get to stay 57 for another year.

Have a doctor's appointment ( of course) but my sis is taking me then we are going to go have lunch and when we return to my place I am going to open the beautiful present my daughter sent me. I want my sis to see how lovely it is wrapped. Can't wait to see what is inside.

We still don't know when Steph is going to come over. I really don't like these last minute deals - the same thing happened at Thanksgiving. We do know that Amver, Dawn's daughter will be here Christmas Eve.

Been watching the Rice Crispy treats ads on TV and they sound really good. Haven't made any in years. I bought some Christmas Candy but between the three of us it is going fast - may just have to buy another bag. Speaking of Christmas candy I can't believe the different candy canes there are now. I bought a Hershey chocolate with a hint of mint and a Spree boxes of candy canes - my they have come a long way from just plain old mint canes.

Going shopping for Christmas dinner soon. Ham and lemon merigue pie is about all I have on my list. I think mashed potatoes and gravy and some vegetable and maybe a salad. Dinner again don't know if I am going to cook Christmas Eve or Christmas day. I am going to let them sort it out and not let it bring me down. I just want to see the kids open their presents and get lots of pictures.

2 Comments:

At Wed Dec 20, 09:58:00 PM 2006, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to YOU...
Happy...Birth...day...Dear Doubleknot!!!!
Happy Birthday to YOU.

(I couldn't sing very well, I had a frog in my throat).

Well, how about you...You get to do 57 one more time...Not many of us (except for Jimmy...he's done 39 for almost 39 years)...as I was saying not many of us get to celebrate our birthdays and not get any older. *LOL* I wish I was 57 again.

I'm not sure what I'm going to cook or if I'm going to cook either. I may just have cold-cuts this year & a pot of chili or potato soup for Christmas. It's nice to just be able and relax on Christmas day and watch the fun.

Happy Birthday,
Sandy

 
At Thu Dec 21, 05:56:00 AM 2006, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Happy Birthday! I think you should make a big pan of Rice Krispie treats and eat it all yourself! Hope you had a great birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home