Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Living Will

It was only when I went for surgery that I realized that my Living Will was hopelessly out dated. The witnesses had moved away, my daughter's name and address had changed.

I urge any one who has a living will and it has been a few years since you made it out to take a look and see if you need to update the information on it.

Gee, now I can only count to nineteen - the doctor took the offending toe off on Friday. Not having much pain - just frustrated that I can't go any where right now. Have to take sponge baths which I never feel really clean after one - you need a nice soak in the tub or a good shower to feel clean.

Seriously I feel better with the toe gone. It was getting blisters and I couldn't wear shoes for very long. By getting it done now I am going to avoid any infection that may happen and it will heal better. The doctor totally agreed with me and said he wished more of his patients would listen to him instead of waiting till it may be too late. That is what my father did - he wouldn't let the doctors take off his toe and he let it gone so long they had to take off his leg and he never left the hospital - he passed away there.

1 Comments:

At Tue Jan 02, 05:19:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Hope that you are feeling better by now. When my daughter took me to the Urgent Treatment Center we both caught what everyone in the waiting room had...we didn't have a chance...we were surrounded by congested sneezing & sniffling sick people. *LOL*

My leg is feeling better, but now we have a form of crud. hahaha...that's all we can do about it is laugh, and wait it out.

It's too bad you won't be able to count to 20 anymore...but we're all thankful that you are here to count.
Love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home