Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Squirrels Again

I know I said I wouldn't feed the squirrels again but they were so desperate looking for any tidbit left. Here is the neighbor's cat thinking he is going to get a squirrel. I watched him and a squirrel do a staring contest the other day - the squirrel won.
The cat thinks if he sits close enough to the tree he can get a better shot at catching a snack - saw him try it and the squirrel won again. Moocher has given up - he tried and figured out there was no chance he was going to get a squirrel so he doesn't even try.
Here is a squirrel getting some corn. I put the cobs in the feeder that is suppose to hold a block of food and they manage to turn those cobs and get all the corn off. Some falls on the ground and they get that also. The squirrels chase each other - we watched four squirrels chasing each other the other day until they settled down to one on the feeder and one on one side of the tree and two others on the other side - they must have been buddies.

Well now that my squirrel story is done - I just can't wait till my birthday and we have all Christmas shopping done except for two people. Steve wanted to buy Dawn a CD player and I thought she already had one so I asked her and she said no and she would love one. That just leaves Steph - she is hard to buy for because she likes to buy clothes - I guess a gift certificate would be good for her. We got to buy some isty bisty clothes for the kids. Shopping is so nice when someone else is paying. Of course it is Steve's family we are buying for but he insists I put my name on the tags also. Isn't he sweet.

2 Comments:

At Thu Dec 14, 07:14:00 PM 2006, Blogger TJ said...

I just moved to a new neighborhood with squirrels...I love to watch them romp around!!
:-D

 
At Fri Dec 22, 02:04:00 AM 2006, Blogger Alipurr said...

the squirrels in my yard don't always win. A few times I have found, even this week, a kitty-made squirrel tail cat toy. No kidding

 

Post a Comment

<< Home