Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Crochet

Since I had my toe surgery on the 29th of December I have crocheted a hat, a scarf - which I forgot to take pictures of before I sent them off to my daughter - four or five roses, I have a picture of one of them I will post later - and this shawl. I call it my two tone shawl because I was trying to use up that type of yarn and there wasn't enough of either one to make the shawl as big as I wanted. Now the shawl has it's own place on my computer chair so when I get chilly all I have to do is pull it up around me.
This is the angel of the family. She has been keeping everyone up to date on my mothers heart by pass and for those who couldn't be there it is a blessing. My mother came through a triple by pass with flying colors. She has to stay in the hospital for a week then she is going home with my angel of a sister to stay for two months of healing.

The only thing that sadded me was when my sis asked if I could take in Mom's dog for the two months she is there - I couldn't because I don't have a fenced in yard and live right on the street. Steve wouldn't want to. I am surprised that he has allowed us to have Moocher. I don't think he would accept a doggie. The only other place is to put the dog in a kennel, poor little thing. Maybe my sis can take my Mom to visit with him once she gets on her feet.

Steve went for his evaluation last week and what was suppose to take three hours took an hour. The doctor told Steve he had seen enough. Steve said most of the time he was hooked up to monitors that recorded I guess how his muscles were doing. We are still waiting to hear about the evaluation and what the next step is going to be. The doctor already told Steve he would never do dry wall again - which Steve pretty much figured out since he can't lift his arm.

Well, I have another crochet project I am starting so I think I will get back to it.

1 Comments:

At Sat Jan 06, 06:55:00 AM 2007, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Wow, you have gotten a lot done! I like the shawl, it looks like it supposed to be two-tone. And the roses are great, you are very talented. I am glad your Mom is doing okay, and you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home