Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, April 05, 2007


The tomatoes now have their cages - I hope not to repeat last year when they were falling all over the place. The second picture is our stairs - I know they don't look like much but when my knees are hurting it might as well be a hundred steps to climb up.

Let's hope I grow some good tomatoes and egg plants this year. Did you know that you can keep growing egg plants if you protect them from cold weather? I had one years ago that I kept growing for two years - of course the eggplants started to get smaller but it was fun to see just how long the plant lasted.

2 Comments:

At Thu Apr 05, 09:06:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That baby tomato is going to fill up that planter before you know it. I've heard the secret to really good tomatoes in adding lime to the soil.

 
At Fri Apr 06, 10:09:00 AM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Steps sometimes give me a problem too. Sometimes my muscles don't feel strong enough to go up the steps and I seem to favor one leg more than the other.

We can't plant tomatoes yet...there's still a danger of frost until around May 15th. Your tomato will be grown by then and filling up the pot. You might even be eating fresh tomatoes before we even get a plant in the ground. hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home